This was the dessert that won 3rd place at the 2006 Jack Daniel's World Championship BBQ Contest. It is super easy to make, uses ingredients easily found and will have you coming back for more. Trust us on this one....
2 cans of plain crescent rolls (cheaper the better)
2 strong flavored apples (I used more apple and a good cooking apple-Jonathan or McIntosh)
10-12oz Mountain Dew
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 sticks of butter
Cinnamon (2 teaspoons at least)
Good Caramel Sauce
Pre-Heat oven at 375 degrees
1. Peel apples and slice into 8 slices per apple
2. Roll in crescent dough and place in baking tray (old cake pan works well)
(Pour a little Mountain Dew on them to keep them from turning brown.)
3, Melt 2 sticks of butter with sugars and pour over rolled apples and crescent rolls.
4. Pour Mountain Dew over rolls
5. Add cinnamon to the top of crescent rolls
6. Bake for 40 min. at 375....
Oatmeal mixture to top it off: to be sprinkled on the top the last 15 min.
fork in 1 stick of butter and crumble on top of crescent roll mixture.
Drip caramel sauce from spoon onto warm turnovers and sprinkle with walnuts