Updated: Jan 4, 2021
We love macaroni and cheese and this may be one of the best we've ever made. It is not like a typical macaroni and cheese dish, you know the runny, single cheese, lots of salt flavored ones, this is almost like a casserole. It is thick, cheesy and full of flavor and will soon be one of your favorites too!
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil 1 lb. macaroni 8 Tbsps. butter 4 Tbsp. butter 1/2 cup Swiss, shredded 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded 2 cups half-and-half 8 ounces Velveeta Style cheese, cubed 2 eggs, lightly beaten University of Que The Quad All Purpose BBQ Rub to taste Fresh ground black pepper to taste Bag of Plain Potato Chips Crushed
1. Preheat grill/smoker set to indirect to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
3. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
4. Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
5. Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
6. Drain well, and return to the pot.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
8. Stir into macaroni.
9. In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
10. To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed Velveeta style cheese and the eggs, and the Quad All Purpose BBQ Rub and pepper.
11. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Sprinkle crushed potato chips over top
12. melt remaining butter and pour over the chips.
13. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
Here's the video of Kevin making this on Meat Revival!