If you've never had Pig Candy, you are in for a life changing experience with this recipe. We LOVE eating it by itself, dipping it in chocolate for gifts, using it as a tasty burger topping, or putting it in ice cream. You will soon find that you have a ton of other ways to use it and that the little bit of work it takes to make it will be oh so worth it!
Thick cut bacon (1lb minimum)
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
Crown Maple Syrup (or any high quality maple syrup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spread Bacon over foil lined baking pan, side to side.
3. Mix 1/2 Cup of light brown sugar with 1/4 cup of the Quad All Purpose BBQ Rub and apply half of the mixture to one side of the bacon.
4. Drizzle a line of Maple Syrup down each slice of bacon.
5. Place into oven for 12 minutes.
6. After 12 minutes, remove pan, drain off the grease and flip bacon. Apply leftover rub and drizzle a line of maple syrup down each bacon slice. Place back into oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. After the 10-12 minutes is up, check bacon to ensure doneness, and remove and drain grease.
8. Remove bacon pieces and place onto a cooling rack to cool. Once cooled, place into the refrigerator to store (for up to a week) or eat it as you desire.