Jack Daniel's Maple Bacon Ice Cream
Bacon in Ice Cream? YES!!! This sweet and salty combination is absolutely the perfect summertime treat. This ice cream is a custardy smooth treat that will have you going for seconds. Using the University of Que Pig Candy recipe, you will find yourselves revisiting this cool treat multiple times. If you do not want the Jack in it, you can omit it, but the little bit that is in there is actually a pretty nice and subtle addition!
4 cup cream 2 cup whole milk 1cup white sugar 8 egg yolks 1cup maple syrup 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tbsp. Jack Daniel’s Whiskey 10 strips Candied Maple Bacon cut into ½ inch pieces
1. Simmer cream, milk and sugar in a small pot until sugar dissolves. Remove pot from heat.
2. Whisk egg yolks in a bowl.
3. Keep whisking as you add about a third of the hot cream mixture into the yolks — pour slow and whisk fast or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs.
4. Then whisk the yolk mixture back into the pot of cream. Again, whisk aggressively to avoid lumps.
5. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until the mixture thickens into custard. Don’t let it boil. It’s done when it coats the back of a spoon.
6. Strain the custard into a bowl.
7. Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and whiskey. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight. (Tip: for faster chilling, pour custard into a plastic freezer bag, seal the bag and submerge it in ice water for 25 minutes.)
8. Churn in an ice cream maker according to the instructions. Add the chopped bacon in the last minute or two of freezing.
7. Serve from the machine for soft serve, or keep in a container in the freezer until firm.
#CandiedBacon #Bacon #Pork #universityofque #maplesyrup #CrownMaple #JackDaniel #TheQuad #IceCream #theShoals #summertreat