University of Que Chicken Nuggets
Updated: Jan 4
A certain fast food restaurant known for their Chicken Sandwiches and Nuggets has some absolutely amazing products. While we have been home and cooking in Quarantine Kitchen, Brayden was wanting some nuggets but we were unable to get them, so we came up with our own version, which may be better than the restaurant.
1/4 cup sea salt
1/4 cup brown sugar and
1 gallon of water
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into 2" cubes or chunks)
2 Cups of Flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup University of Que G.P.A. Sauce
1/4 cup Duke's mayonnaise
1. Mix Sea Salt, Brown Sugar, The Quad BBQ Rub and 1 Gallon of Water in a non-metal container. (make sure the water is very cold or add a few pieces of ice to help it get colder).
2. Trim big piece of fat off the chicken and cut into half dollar size pieces.
3. Place into brine and put in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
4. After five hours drain the brine off the chicken.
5. Mix 2 cups Flour with 1/4 cup corn starch, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup Quad All Purpose Rub and then mix it all in a large ziplock bag with the Chicken pieces (you will want to do this in batches while you are ready to fry them).
6. Shake off the excess coating and fry in some vegetable oil (350 degrees) for 4-5 minutes.
7. Mix University of Que G.P.A. Sauce with Duke's Mayonnaise to make a delicious nugget sauce. 7. Enjoy
Check out this YouTube video where Kevin makes these amazing Chicken Nuggets on Meat Revival!