Updated: Jan 4, 2021
This is the ultimate comfort food! While not a pure Brunswick Stew, this dish is our take on a classic. Serve with a nice French bread and enjoy!
3 cups boneless skinless chicken thigh meat cut into bite size chunks
1 big link of Smoked Sausage cut into bite size pieces
1 lb leftover pulled pork
2 TBS vegetable oil
1 large sweet onion chopped
1 whole head garlic smashed and chopped
1 Red Pepper chopped
1.5 lbs Baby Red Potatoes, cubed
1 11oz can yellow and white corn (drained)
5 cups chicken broth
1 14.5oz can Petite Chopped Tomatoes
1 12oz can Singing River Brewery Handy’s Gold beer (or 12 more ounces of chicken broth)
1. Season chicken chunks with light coating of rub and set aside.
2. Preheat your Dutch Oven until oil is sizzling.
3. Brown sausage for a couple minutes.
4. Remove sausage to a paper towel lined bowl.
5. Brown chicken next. Be sure it is fully cooked.
6. Remove chicken to a paper towel lined bowl.
7. Sauté onion and peppers until onions are translucent.
8. Add garlic and cook a few minutes, being careful not to burn.
9. Pour in chicken broth, G.P.A. Sauce, Tomatoes and reserved meat plus the cooked pulled pork.
10. Slowly bring to a bubbling simmer, reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes.
11. Add the Singing River Brewery Handy’s Gold beer, and let the stew cook down a little (about 15 minutes).
12. Season with more Quad All Purpose rub to taste.
13. Add potatoes.
14. Cook until potatoes are nearly soft (when you poke them with a fork, it goes in really easy), then add corn.
15. Continue cooking for about 5 more minutes than serve.
Follow along with Kevin as he makes this recipe on Meat Revival!